[ntp:questions] NTP time synchronization issue in linux embedded target

Murugesh S murugesh_ssn at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 21:41:51 UTC 2014

Thank you Martin, William, David, Harlan, Jan,

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:56 AM, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote:

Murugesh S wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This email is regarding NTP time synchronization issue that we see in our linux embedded systems.
> NTP version that is being used: 4.2.6p4.

A basic question here is which timers are provided by the hardware, and
if the timer the Linux kernel uses for timekeeping is properly
 supported
by the Linux kernel, so that the undisciplined system time would
increase at a constant rate.

If the undisciplined system time doesn't increase at a constant rate
then ntpd will be unable to fix this anyway.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren