[ntp:questions] no drift-file on 2008 R2 vps and the time diff. is getting bigger and bigger?

gooly gooly at gmx.at
Wed Sep 17 13:22:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

I want to thank you for the support but at the end I gave up trying to
use ntp.

I am now sync the vps by Windows' Internet-Time-sync every 5 min and
I'll  start looking for another provider.

By the way here is another way to look at that problem ;)

Acc. to Einsteins's fomula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation)

   delay² = 1 / (1 - x²/c²); // c=speed of light, x=speed of the server
   ... // as one can see easily
   x² = c² * ( 1-1/delay² )
   x  = 299783390 meter/sec

my provider flights with 99.997% of the speed of light.
I wonder where he is heading too.

Have a nice day
and again thanks to all,
Gooly