[ntp:questions] ntp on Win 7(64): Windows' Backup misses some ntp-files

gooly gooly at gmx.at
Sun Sep 21 18:23:35 UTC 2014

Am 21.09.2014 12:25, schrieb David Taylor:
> On 21/09/2014 08:05, gooly wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On my (home) Win-7(64) ntp (Meinberg-Version) is running and I am very
>> pleased!
>>
>> But today I started Windows's Backup and it finished with this error
>> message: The Backup completed but some files were skipped:
>> And the files were:
>>> Backup encountered a problem while backing up file
>>> C:\Users\ntp\Contacts. Error:(The system cannot find the file
>>> specified. (0x80070002))
>>> Backup encountered a problem while backing up file
>>> C:\Users\ntp\Searches. Error:(The system cannot find the file
>>> specified. (0x80070002))
>> I couldn't find it either and I created theses two folders. I'll see
>> what will happen next weekend.
>>
>> To me it's only a 'cosmetic' thing but I want to let you know.
>> May be due ntp's Linux origin I would suggest that the creation function
>> of the npt user just creates theses (empty) folders too?
>>
>> Any way thank you again,
>> Gooly
>
> I have never seen "Contacts" and "Searches" for the NTP user account.
> Perhaps your backup software incorrectly expects them?

Well I try not to change anything. So I installed ntp, it created the
ntp-user (I never touched until I now created these folders) and the
default (standard) Win7-7 Backup seems to expect that it has to save them.
I have no idea from where the Win-Backup gets the information of these
two non existing files - could it be that they are
Windows-user-default-folders?
Gooly