[ntp:questions] set server to a non utc time by hand

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at comcast.net
Tue Dec 22 11:59:53 UTC 2015

This is probably not exactly what you want, but perhaps the idea will help.
In the class java.time.Clock documentation, the authors show users how to
inject a version of the Clock class into their program that will dispense
any time needed for debugging purposes.  In other words, within a Java
program one version of the clock can be used for debugging and another for
regular time in a production environment.

BTW, NTPD at least used to have a simulator mode that it could be started
in.  I am not sure if that mode is still supported, nor do I know how to use
it.  You could ask on this list if the simulator mode still exists and if
documentation exists for it.

Charles Elliott