[ntp:questions] set server to a non utc time by hand

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Tue Dec 22 13:53:54 UTC 2015

On 12/20/2015 11:12 PM, h3x32000-sf wrote:
> i would like to set up an ntp-server thats does not give back the
> correct utc time, but for example utc-1 or another "wrong" time computed
> before. Until now the only way I reached that result was to set the
> local clock to the wished time and to sychronize then with 127.127.1.1.

NTP-Proxy sits between an actual NTP server and a test client and
simulates an upcoming leap second to the latter:

https://github.com/AmadeusITGroup/NTP-Proxy/blob/master/ntpproxy.c

In order to do that, it needs to not only flip the flag bit, but also
shift the time to shortly before a leap second slot - so the
functionality you're looking for is *halfway* done in its code ...

Kind regards,

Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur

--

LINworks GmbH

Fon:    +49 6151 9067-231
Fax:    +49 6151 9067-299
E-Mail: Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Web:    http://www.LINworks.de/

NEC IT Infrastrukturprodukte vom Deutschland Distributor
Server, Storage, Virtualisierung, Management Software
Shop: http://www.NEC-Store.de/

Briefanschrift: Postfach 10 01 21 · 64201 Darmstadt · DE
Hausanschrift: Robert-Koch-Straße 9 · 64331 Weiterstadt · DE
Geschäftsführer: Metin Dogan, Nils Manegold, Oliver Michel
Unternehmenssitz: Weiterstadt
Register: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 85202

MAX21-Unternehmensgruppe