[ntp:questions] set server to a non utc time by hand

h3x32000-sf h3x32000-sf at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 22 08:14:20 UTC 2015

Às 04:42 de 22-12-2015, Harlan Stenn escreveu:
> h3x32000-sf writes:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> i would like to set up an ntp-server thats does not give back the
>> correct utc time, but for example utc-1 or another "wrong" time
>> computed before. Until now the only way I reach ed that result was to
>> set the local clock to the wished time and to sychronize then with
>> 127.127.1.
>> 1.
>>
>> This method seems to me a little unsatisfactory because i have to
>> manipulate the local time what i actually do not want.
>>
>> I already asked google but i couldnt find a solution... does anybody
>> could give me a hint or the key-word that is needed...
>>
>> Thanks, doxi
>
> I'm not aware of anything available at the moment, but what you describe
> is exactly what I have planned for NTPv5, using the General Timestamp
> API, which supports multiple timescales.
>
> Are you doing this for fun?

The idea why i want to do that, is: i am using a router made for the german market (fritzbox 7360)
but i am not in their timezone, utc+1, what is the firmware-coded timezone in that device. Even
though its impossible to alter the timezone, i can change the timeserver contacted by the device. So
the idea is to set me up my own private ntp-server that gives back localtime-1 so that the router
runs on localtime...

Greets, doxi