[ntp:questions] set server to a non utc time by hand

h3x32000-sf h3x32000-sf at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 23 13:43:09 UTC 2015

Às 12:47 de 23-12-2015, Jochen Bern escreveu:
> On 12/22/2015 09:14 AM, h3x32000-sf wrote:
>> The idea why i want to do that, is: i am using a router made for the
>> german market (fritzbox 7360) but i am not in their timezone, utc+1,
>> what is the firmware-coded timezone in that device. Even though its
>> impossible to alter the timezone, i can change the timeserver contacted
>> by the device. So the idea is to set me up my own private ntp-server
>> that gives back localtime-1 so that the router runs on localtime...
>
> That doesn't strike me as a *good* reason to have manipulated time
> pollute your local net / NTP. There seem to be ways to actually adapt
> the *device* (though it'll void your warranty) ...
>
> http://jochen.kirstaetter.name/blog/general/adjust-timezone-of-an-avm-fritzbox-7390.html
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jochen Bern
> Systemingenieur

Hello,

i was also thinking about solving the problem like this:

 > There seem to be ways to actually adapt
 > the *device* (though it'll void your warranty) ...
 >
 > http://jochen.kirstaetter.name/blog/general/adjust-timezone-of-an-avm-fritzbox-7390.html

But the way that is shown in the blog unfortunately is not applicable with the actual firmware
fritz!os 6.30 that is installed on my device. It is even not longer possible to turn on telnet by a
phonecall [1] The only method until now described on the relevant pages on that issue, seems to be
the pseudo-image-method [1]. But that is untested for my device 7360 / i did not find a report that
somebody did it successfully on my device.

1.
http://www.antary.de/2015/07/28/fritzbox-und-fritzos-6-30-telnet-temporaer-via-pseudo-image-aktivieren/

 > That doesn't strike me as a *good* reason to have manipulated time
 > pollute your local net / NTP.

What are the concrete "pollution-risks"?

Thanks and greets, doxi