[ntp:questions] chrony as a server

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 08:55:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 10:40:11PM +0000, Rob wrote:
> However, it does not reply to NTP requests from other systems with ntpd.
> (I can confirm that in a network trace)

> Is there a magic command that has to be in the config to make it work
> as a server?

No, your configuration looks good. Any chance there is a forgotten
firewall rule blocking NTP or that clients are actually using IPv6?

Is chronyd listening on the port?

# netstat -a -n -p | grep 123
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             0.0.0.0:*                           29615/chronyd
udp6       0      0 :::123                  :::*                                29615/chronyd

--
Miroslav Lichvar