[ntp:questions] chrony as a server

Rob nomail at example.com
Mon Feb 16 15:30:52 UTC 2015

Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 02:00:30PM +0000, Rob wrote:
>> Is chronyc of 1.31 compatible with chronyd 2.0?
>
> Yes, old configuration should still work. But you can use
> "acquisitionport 123" as a workaround if you prefer stable version.

Well I tried that before and it did not solve that issue.

What I mean is can I manage a mix of 1.31 and 2.0 servers from a single
system with one version of chronyc.
It is not that important, now I can still update everything in one go.

It would be nice when chronyd could be contacted using ntpq with at
least the -p and the -c rv commands.  Then the monitoring system does
not need to know what kind of ntp daemon is running on the servers.