[ntp:questions] chrony as a server

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Mon Feb 16 15:59:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 5:22 AM, David Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> I hope that ntimed will not be available only on Linux

If you have a non-trivial interest I suggest reading the notes.  E.g.

"Ntimed-client puts the entire interface to the OS timekeeping in four
trivial functions for portability, but there are other nits and downright
idiotic incompatibilities, because, quite frankly, the UNIX ecosystem is
filled with narrowsighted bigots.

At the timekeeping-level, Windows and OS/X are the odd ones out, and both
of these will need a dedicated set of the four functions. I hope somebody
with skills and access to those platforms will contribute them."

Of course at the end of the day you're going to be a bit disappointed.