[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8 for Windows, not branded

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Jan 10 08:32:20 UTC 2015

On 09/01/2015 23:55, trackeroftime at gmail.com wrote:
>> What do you mean "It is branded?" And why is that a problem?
>
> Hello William,
>
> 1. The installer is branded:
> http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html
> 2. The installer makes a lot of things. I need pure final and stable ntp.
>
> best regards
> Johny

Johny,

Just to be clear, I do not supply the installer, but I do provide
screen-shots of using the Meinberg installer for those who find it useful.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Meinberg installer for users
first install of NTP, as it sets up the service, firewall & NTP user
etc.  You would need to do all those things in your own code - perhaps
using InnoSetup - but why reinvent the wheel?

There will never be a "final" NTP, just increasingly recent stable and
development versions.  I suggest installing the Meinberg 4.2.8 now:

http://www.meinbergglobal.com/download/ntp/windows/ntp-4.2.8-win32-setup.exe

4.2.8p1 should be one you can compile yourself - it's quite easy,
actually under Windows, and it's simpler and much faster than under
Linux or FreeBSD.

--
Cheers,
David