[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8 for Windows, not branded

trackeroftime at gmail.com trackeroftime at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:00:28 UTC 2015

> >> And this is a problem why?
> >
> > Not for me to determine.  The OP posted this as a problem.  You asked
> > what "it is branded" means, and I explained.
>
> Sorry, I had thought you were the OP when I responded. Note that his
> definition of branded may be different from yours. And I still have no
> idea what that is a problem -- unless perhaps he is trying to pass off
> Meinburg's work as his own:-) Note that if desperate he could probably
> figure out where the Meinberg logo is stored and replace it.

I can see the dark nature of human:P Don't get me wrong but usually inklings are bad, especially if they stay public... It was not nice.

Thanks for a lot of explanations. They are very helpful.

To stop your inklings I've just wanted to integrate ntp client with my own software into common installer.
Now I'm not convinced it was good idea, likely not. A lot of ntp's versions could make me more work every time and thus it doesn't help user who installs my software.

best regards
Johny