[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8 for Windows, not branded

Mon Jan 12 05:26:33 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-11 14:31, Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2015-01-10 11:13, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>>
>>> Please note that beside the NTP binaries you also need the openssl DLL
>>> in the version against which the binaries have been built, otherwise
>>> ntpd fails to  start.
>>
>> Current OpenSSL version is 1.0.1k since maintenance improved
>> after Heartbleed encouraged LF/CII and others to fund OpenSSL.
>> Which OpenSSL version is currently required?
>> Any way that support of updated OpenSSL versions by ntpd could be improved?
>
> The 4.2.8 installer is shipped with openSSL 1.0.1j which was current when I built the NTP binaries.
> When 4.2.8p1 is released we'll also upgrade openSSL to the current version.

So can we install 1.0.1k with name 1.0.1j to run with 4.2.8, and similarly
when 1.0.1l is released, can we name that 1.0.1k to run with 4.2.8p1, or
is an internal version number checked which would prevent that?

Or could the current OpenSSL version be made a command line and/or config
parameter of ntpd, to allow updating without rebuilding?

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis