[ntp:questions] Leap second to be introduced in June

Marco Marongiu brontolinux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 08:50:38 UTC 2015

On 12/01/15 06:10, William Unruh wrote:
> I also admit I do not know how windows impliments leap
> seconds.

I don't have a reference, but I remember that at the time of the latest
leap second I read that Windows will half the clock speed at 23:59:59 so
that it reaches 00:00:00 at the right time. It pays the price of being
wrong for two seconds in order to save the system from a discontinuity.

But again, I read it in 2012 somewhere I don't have a reference of, and
things may have changed since then.

Ciao
-- bronto