[ntp:questions] Leap second to be introduced in June

Marco Marongiu brontolinux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:10:46 UTC 2015

On 12/01/15 11:48, Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Fortunately Dave Hart had some time to have a closer look at this, and
> fix it for 4.2.6, so unless something has been broken again in the mean
> time it should be fixed in 4.2.6 and later, and should work correctly.

Let me understand: you mean that in 4.2.6 ntpd will slew down the clock
by two seconds on systems where you can't notify the kernel?

If so, does it also mean that it would do the same when you disable the
kernel discipline by adding a disable kernel in ntp.conf?

> I'm planning to do some testing soon to verify this.

If you shared the results of your testing when you're done, that would
be great ;-)

Ciao
-- bronto