[ntp:questions] NTP Autokey - who is actively using it?

Garrett Wollman wollman at bimajority.org
Thu Jan 15 05:20:35 UTC 2015

In article <E1YBZoy-000934-Fb at stenn.ntp.org>,
Harlan Stenn  <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
>I'm trying to figure out if anybody is actively using autokey, in a
>production deployment.
>
>If you are, please let me know - I have some questions for you.

For what it's worth, I tried, but Dave's documentation wasn't enough
for me to understand how it was supposed to work, or indeed to make it
work without understanding it, and eventually I gave up.  I don't
think I ever quite figured out the scenario that the various types of
authentication were intended to work on, and the whole goofy
let's-use-the-X.509-data-structures-even-though-we're-not-really-doing-PKI
business left a sour taste.

-GAWollman
--
Garrett A. Wollman    | What intellectual phenomenon can be older, or more oft
wollman at bimajority.org| repeated, than the story of a large research program