[ntp:questions] NTP Autokey - who is actively using it?

Antonio M. Moreiras moreiras at nic.br
Fri Jan 16 16:07:25 UTC 2015

We were using autokey at our public ntp servers(1) since 2011. We are
now in the middle of a process to deactivate it, since 4.2.8 is broken
(we could not make autokey work with 4.2.8 on Linux, it seems to be some
issue related to the version 1.0.x of openssl).

Probably we will let it deactivated. Maybe we are going back to
symmetric keys (at least between the servers), even if the issue is
fixed. We fostered our users to try and adopt autokey, but it seems
there was no interest in the feature.

[]s
Moreiras.

[1] {a,b,c,a.st1,b.st1,c.st1,d.st1,gps}.ntp.br