[ntp:questions] Linux NTPd using a older Trimble Thunderbolt GPS Receiver

Rob nomail at example.com
Sat Jan 17 13:56:00 UTC 2015

Oceanos Admin <sysadmin at cellmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone with the prior experience in getting these older Trimble units
> to work? Most of the information dates back to the early 2000's or so.
>
> Our desire is to get away from using an external Internet based public NTP site
> to limit possible security issues.

I think it will work with gpsd.
At least try to experiment with that, as it provides much more debugging
info and you can see what is working and what is not.

Once you have a bit more experience with accessing the unit you can
always decide if you want to stick with gpsd (in combination with ntpd)
or again try to configure ntpd to directly access the Trimble.