[ntp:questions] Linux NTPd using a older Trimble Thunderbolt GPS Receiver

George Ross gdmr at inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 07:57:46 UTC 2015

> Is there anyone with the prior experience in getting these older
> Trimble units to work?

We've had a Trimble Acutime 2000 running since 2005, at two separate sites.

As I recall we just plugged it in, ran the (Windows) configuration tool that
came on the CD with it to check that it had a lock and that it was running
in time sync mode, then connected up a Linux box, configured in the driver,
and off it went.

     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
*GPS_PALISADE(0) .GPS.            0 l    6   32  377    0.000    0.012   0.001

--
George D M Ross MSc PhD CEng MBCS CITP, University of Edinburgh,
School of Informatics, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH8 9AB

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.