[ntp:questions] Leap second not handled correctly on Windows 8

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Jan 19 13:47:06 UTC 2015

Marco Marongiu wrote:
> On 19/01/15 09:25, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>> Marco Marongiu wrote:
>>> On Linux it worked correctly... That is?
>>
>> Yes. My first tests were more focused on Windows in different versions,
>> and I used just another Linux box with a simple setup (just NTP client,
>> no leap second file) to compare the results against those from windows.
>>
>> I'm going to run more tests with different configurations and will post
>> here if the tests pass or fail.
>
> Hm, not sure I got everything but... OK, thanks ;-)

Actually I've tested a 4.2.8 client on Linux which only receives the
leap second warning from an upstream NTP server.

There are other configuration options like presence of a leapsecond
file, NTP server mode receiving the announcement from a refclock, etc.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren