[ntp:questions] Leap second to be introduced in June

Marco Marongiu brontolinux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:35:51 UTC 2015

On 21/01/15 15:31, Mike S wrote:
> On 1/21/2015 2:10 AM, Mike Cook wrote:
>> And one of the reasons why a significant portion of the computing
>> community wants to get rid of leap seconds. A coverup for bad
>> engineering practices.
>
> That's right. Instead of recognizing that the world rotates on it's own,
> they want to change reality so the world rotates around them. Lazy ass
> programmers, trying to claim that leap seconds cause issues, when it is
> software which doesn't handle time properly which is the root cause.

Two days ago I've been interviewed by the Italian national radio
broadcaster about the leap second. It was between 11:30-12:00 Rome time.

Closing the interview the host asked me "I guess you would be happy if
the leap second was suppressed, you'd have quite less problems to
handle, wouldn't you?!". And I replied "I'd actually be happier if
programmers did their job properly, for example not assuming that a
minute always lasts 60 seconds, no matter what".

Funny that 3 hours later, on the other side of the planet, you have
written the same thing...

It's a +1 from me, too. I guess it was clear ;-)

Ciao
-- bronto