[ntp:questions] Request to test patch for ntpd

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Jan 29 08:31:32 UTC 2015

David,

David Taylor wrote:
> On 28/01/2015 17:30, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>> We have already run the following tests successfully:
>>
>> - parse driver (driver 8) with built-in PPS enabled
>> - parse driver 8 without built-in PPS, but ATOM in addition
>> - network peer marked as "prefer", and ATOM in addition
>>
>> It would be great if some folks who use a refclock with PPS run this
>> test and see if everything still works as before, or even better. ;-)
>>
>> Martin
>
> Martin,
>
> I guess you have also checked, or could easily check, on Windows?  No
> point in duplicating your work.

No. I have to admit I've never tried PPS under Windows at all. However,
since the piece of code to be tested is in the common ntpd code it
should make not much of a difference whether this runs under Windows,
Linux, or whatever.

The interesting thing would be to test other refclock drivers. If I grep
the source code for FLAG_PPS then beside the ATOM driver (of course) and
the parse driver which we have already tested the drivers

- wwvb
- gpsdjson
- oncore
- nmea

also provide built-in PPS support, so these could also benefit from the
patch if they have been configured to use it.

For other configurations using the ATOM driver it would be good to have
some results confirming that they still work as before.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren