[ntp:questions] Impossible to "ntpdate" a client using an orphan mode server

MAYER Hans mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Fri Jun 26 08:40:29 UTC 2015

Than it has something to do with the version of ntpdate as previously assumed.
I just remembered a similar situation. At home I have a system from "blitzortung" which gives as a site effect a NTP server too. When I used the "old" original version of ntpdate ( 3-5.93e ) which came with the Solaris installation it doesn't work. But when I use the latest self compiled version 4.3.44 it's just perfect. ( Or at least a much newer version )
What is the output running ntpdate with option -d ?

Kind regards
Hans