[ntp:questions] Optimising NTP build for Raspberry Pi 2

Neil Green ncguk at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 12:41:53 UTC 2015

In an attempt to squeeze all I can out of a NTP and GPS/PPS setup on the Raspberry Pi 2 I’m starting to experiment with compile flags using GCC 4.8. Currently I have:

CC="gcc-4.8" CFLAGS="-mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4" ./configure --enable-NMEA --enable-ATOM --enable-linuxcaps --disable-all-clocks --disable-parse-clocks --disable-ipv6

Will attempting to optimise the build like this have any positive impact on NTP in terms of precision, stability etc, or am I focussing on an area that will have no benefit?

Thanks,
Neil.