[ntp:questions] NTP Authentication (autokey iff) is ok even without sharing key. What' wrong?

Pessina, Yves (Marin) Yves.Pessina at ch.glory-global.com
Tue Oct 27 08:33:20 UTC 2015

OK thx

So no idea what could be the problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Harlan Stenn [mailto:stenn at ntp.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 October, 2015 09:03
To: Pessina, Yves (Marin)
Cc: Harlan Stenn; questions at lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] NTP Authentication (autokey iff) is ok even without sharing key. What' wrong?

"Pessina, Yves (Marin)" writes:
> Thank you for your answer anyway.
>
> May I ask you, if you know, :
>
> - what would be the replacement?
> - when does it will be available more and less (weeks? Months? Years?) ?

Somewhere between "weeks" and "months", I expect.  I'd really like to have something usable in January of 2016.

Having said that, the exisitng autokey stuff should work.  It's just that it's not all that useful anymore for its original intended purpose, as what was "computationally infeasible" 20 years ago is now crackable.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>