[ntp:questions] one hour difference in time between vxworks as client and ntp server on October 21

Tue Oct 27 19:05:36 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-27 00:30, sneha b wrote:
> I am seeing this specific where there is a difference of 1 hour between NTP
> and vxWorks on October 21(when daylight saving occurs)
> Could you please let me know if this is an issue.

NTP keeps the time in UTC within ms of sources, so what you may be seeing is the difference between UTC and your local time. NTP time can be displayed by typing ntpq -c rv server where server is the DNS name or IP address of the NTP server, and defaults to localhost (127.0.0.1).
VxWorks is an embedded RTOS so may not support time zones, DST, UTC.
What are you using to display the time, what is is displaying, and where are you seeing the difference?
What is your geographic location and time zone, does the system have a time zone setting, and what is it set to?
If you can provide us with more specific information, someone on the list may be able to help you understand if there is any issue.