[ntp:questions] Making ntpd tweak a TCXO

MAYER Hans mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Sun Feb 7 11:03:42 UTC 2016

I cannot imagine what is your goal. I assume you want to adjust a very precise frequency
with your TCXO.
In any case you need a second time reference.
This could be either a second local clock or over the network.
I have done this with a GPS reference and I adjusted a VCXO.
( But beware, each XO has an ageing characteristic. )
If you are patient an offset of about 0.1 PPB is realistic.
I used the peerstats file for calculation.
As Mike wrote, the drift file is not a solution.

Kind regards
Hans