[ntp:questions] Help: fudge time2 value for NMEA driver

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Fri Nov 4 01:27:18 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Brian Inglis <
Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:

> What do your refclock ntp.conf lines look like?

I'm not sure why you're asking but:
# PPS (ATOM)
server 127.127.22.0 minpoll 3
fudge 127.127.22.0 refid GPPS

# NMEA  @19200
server 127.127.20.0 minpoll 3 mode 65570 prefer
fudge 127.127.20.0 time2 0.039 refid FURY

> Also please see driver comments in [time-nuts] NTP refclock JLT Fury:

Using the NMEA (like) output is sufficient to number the seconds  -- using
an HP SCPI driver is an odd choice for non-HP gear.

> For decent results you also have to switch off output of other messages.

That's not my ublox experience although I did arrange that all the output
per tick happened in less than a second.