[ntp:questions] Help: fudge time2 value for NMEA driver

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Fri Nov 4 14:53:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Brian Inglis <
Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:

> The JLT Fury emulates the HP/Symmetricom/Agilent/Keysight 58503 which is a
> newer variant of the venerable HP38xx GPS-DOs,

Sure but this is tne NTP list and if you have a Fury you should use NMEA.
The driver is robust and it works with any minimally capable NMEA-like
input.  This is important because many (most) of the standard drivers are
old, cranky and unmaintained.  (E.g. the TSIP driver doesn't work on new
products, not only that but there's a subtle bug with older products like
the Thunderbolt).

> Single message output may be required for NMEA PPS handling to work, and
> why it
> did not work with your Fury or uBlox.

That's a reason to use ATOM+NMEA not a reason to fiddle the NMEA output.

> IRC early Fury models

We're drifting here but I didn't see any significant difference in jitter
after upgrading the GPS module in my Fury.