[ntp:questions] NTP not reading from /etc/ntp.conf?

Kevin Chan kschan at mit.edu
Wed Aug 2 21:48:18 UTC 2017

I'm on an imx233 arm processor using Debian 7.0 with kernel version 3.12

I'm having issues configuring ntpd to read from a gps source. I have tried
adding server entries in /etc/ntp.conf, but those changes have no effect on
the sources listed in ntpq -p

The only thing I see is:

root at arm:~# ntpq -p
 jitter
*172.16.0.1      235.158.249.210  4 u    -   64    1    1.194  -21.122
0.679

I even deleted /etc/ntp.conf and restarted the ntp service with "sudo
service ntp restart" and I still see the same entry in ntpq... Is ntp
reading from a different configuration file somewhere? Thanks in advance

--
Kevin Chan