[ntp:questions] loopback problem?

Timothy Buchanan timothy.buchanan at outlook.com
Fri Aug 25 14:20:24 UTC 2017

I installed ntp on  my  i7, Windows 10 Home version desktop. It works with internet sources. I have a GPSDO attached to a serial port. It carries TXD on pin 2 and 1 PPS on pin 1. A port tester app verifies the PPS, and GPS software verifies NMEA data. I have the following in ntp.conf:

server 127.127.20.1 mode 17 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4 prefer
fudge 127.127.20.1 refid NMEA
server 127.127.22.1 mode 17 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
fudge 127.127.22.1 refid uPPS

I have a registry key under NTP key, named PPSProviders. It has a Multi-String Value named loopback and pointing to the full path of loopback-ppsapi-provider.dll. I do not have any environmental variables set.

GPS data is being used by ntp. Typical offset is .046 and jitter .117, however, there is no indication of PPS being used in the ntpq –p display. Where can I start to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

Timothy