[ntp:questions] ipsntp_query_time failing with IPCOM_ERR_FAILED

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Fri Jun 9 11:04:03 UTC 2017

> Le 9 juin 2017 à 12:02, sneha b <snehabadardinni at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Basically I want to reduce this 4.5 to something less.
> And also want to know why do we get *IPCOM_ERR_FAILED.*

From what I can see this is a proprietary vxworks error status message. Google threw up :

"wr_sntp_for_vx7_programmers_guide_1.0_图文_百度文库 <http://wenku.baidu.com/view/df2e85bc4028915f804dc297.html>
... else printf("System time updated!\n"); break; case IPCOM_ERR_FAILED: printf("Invalid (S)NTP message received!\n"); break; case IPCOM_ERR_INVALID_ARG: printf("Invalid arguments!\n"); break; case IPCOM_ERR_TIMEOUT: printf("Timeout. No responses received!\n"); break; default: …

So from that code snippet interpretation, it looks like you are getting bad format data returned from the server.
I should check your system call man page and header files .
Of course, if you have a Wind River support contract, give them a call.