[ntp:questions] GPS-PPS, standalone server. NTP

Hans Mayer hans.mayer.08 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:58:05 UTC 2017

Hi Fida,

> However, did you ever tried to achieve 1-microsecond accuracy in your used refid (in your case with driver 28 which NTP uses)? My primary goal is to attain 1-microsecond accuracy bond where I can see 3 milliseconds offset with .GPS refid.

Definitely not.
With driver 22  I am in the +- 10 usec range. With driver 28 in millisecond range.

See my blog.
http://blog.mayer.tv/2017/06/14/ntp-driver-22-versus-28.html

I assume driver 20 is very similar to 28. Both are reading serial data.

I don't know if 1-microsecond is a easy goal. I am using a very cheap hardware. It's running on a BananaPI. All together about 150 EUR. With a good hardware it's maybe possible.

But why do you need this ? Is it just your ambition. This I could understand.

// Hans