[ntp:questions] NTP under AIX?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at tmsw.no
Tue May 16 21:28:44 UTC 2017

Greg Moeller wrote:
> Ok, I'm good with 'just do it'!  :) So, as a test.  If I setup 2
> servers(Physical x86 and AIX LPAR) with the same external sources,
> how can I test them against one another?  I've dabbled in NTP for
> years but never delved far into the deeper numbers.

You can't: You need at least one known good source (i.e. a
hacked-together box with a GPS) which you just use to verify which of
your alternatives have the best local clock and behaves best.

You can use the GPS test machine to poll both your servers, with
clockstat logging, to verify the offset behavior.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>