[ntp:questions] NTP under AIX?

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Thu May 18 19:06:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Brian Inglis <
Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:

> JLT Fury is overkill if you don't need better than Rb performance
> and stability.

Ooops. I typed JF rather than JL (Jackson Labs).  I picked the Fury over
the other JL products because it comes in a desktop version with
appropriate connectors esp. the DE9 with EIA levels.  Likewise all the
boxes I mentioned are plug and play.  Also I was responding to the idea of
multiple copies of the same "ntp compatible" appliance rather than
something that would meet vague needs.

However with a DO Fury you can sync it outside once a year (or some
suitable interval) and bring it in to a GPS-free zone (~36ms/year drift).
The Fury is still spec'd with Moto compatible part.  Hopefully that's not
just u-Blox behind a microcontroller.

BTW, the Fury is the only device I've used that produces NMEA sentences
with sub millisecond jitter.