[ntp:questions] NTP under AIX?

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Thu May 18 19:32:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Brian Inglis <
Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:

> A lot of these types of boxes appear to be some type of SoC board with
> some GPS module, some Linux distro, some NTP release, probably GPSd,
> and with little in the way of docs, specs (typical: <1us!), guarantees,
> or likely support and maintenance. They often feature pictures of fancy

I assume here you are referring to classic NTP appliances from folks like
Spectracom, MicroSemi or EndRun (if they still exist).  I would expect the
LeoNTP to be more like Tharp's Laureline (V2) (
https://partiallystapled.com/pages/laureline-gps-ntp-server.html) and not
actually run anything one would recognize as NTP -- except for network
packets.  I think of these things as being network attached GNSS modules
that use NTP compatible packets for time transfer.