[ntp:questions] Looking for a NTP stratum 2 appliance

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri May 26 09:35:14 UTC 2017

The OXCO oscillator requirement is for hold-over, but we are looking for less jitter in the system. We could strip down the OS machines and run only NTP and make other system adjustments that would accomplish much of the same, but to dedicated a server just for NTP when an appliance is available seems a waste.

FINRA has made new timing requirements that are pushing this. Switching to PTP is ultimately the solution, but the switches in our core data center don't support it, and would be very costly to migrate to.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039