[ntp:questions] Looking for a NTP stratum 2 appliance

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri May 26 12:11:30 UTC 2017

Thanks. I agree that the appliance doesn’t appear to exist. It’s a shame that it doesn’t, I think it would be a good idea.

The 50 msec isn’t that hard to reach on an average basis, but we routinely see drifts away from that on occasions. The minpoll idea would probably fix this, but was hesitant to poll that frequently. I just found NIST’s NTP page and they specify to not poll more frequently that every 4 seconds (minpoll 2). I wouldn’t have thought that they would want polling with minpoll 3, but it appears I was wrong. This may fix the issue by itself.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039