[ntp:questions] Trying to make NTP daemon as one of the Sync source

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Wed May 31 09:43:06 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 04:21:14PM +0530, akash saxena wrote:
> *Hi all, *
> *I am trying to implement a system where NTP daemon will be a Sync source
> like others (GNSS/PTP/NL). *
> *These all sync sources (GNSS/PTP/NL) provide a CLOCK REPORT based on their
> accuracy. *
> *Which consist *
>
>    - *TimeError, *
>    - *FrequencyError, *
>    - *Time Uncertainty and *
>    - *Frequency Uncertainty.*
>
> *Can i get these four parameters in ntpq -pcrl output so that i can
> implement NTPD as a sync source. presently i am getting the ntpq -pcrl
> output like below.*

It would help if we knew what exactly are those four values supposed
to represent. One way to map the values from ntpq would be:

offset -> TimeError
clk_jitter -> Time Uncertainty
clk_wander -> Frequency Uncertainty

ntpd does't estimate the current frequency error of the clock. You
might want to set FrequencyError to 0 or "undefined".

--
Miroslav Lichvar