[ntp:questions] Looking for a NTP stratum 2 appliance

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at comcast.net
Wed May 31 12:23:47 UTC 2017

There is a way of securing a free NTP appliance, but I am not sure, but it
might be limited to Stratum 1, and it has to be public facing.  And the
network connection must not be asymmetric.  All the recipient has to do is
pay the operating cost (electricity and maintenance).  The latter might be
an issue though, since none that I have been acquainted with have stayed
live for any considerable period, e.g., USTime Corp.

Judah Levine (Judah.levine at nist.gov, jlevine at boulder.nist.gov,
judah.levine at colorado.edu) has available NTP appliances for people who are
willing to provide public time servers.  The criteria for receiving one are
fairly strict.

Charles Elliott