[ntp:questions] Fine tuning ntp.conf

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Apr 27 18:17:06 UTC 2019

On 27/04/2019 17:37, William Unruh wrote:
[]
> On the subject of gps/pps receivers, since the Sure OEM board seems to
> have disappeared, what is the current recommendation for a cheap gps/pps
> board to attach to your computer? (the above is not cheap-- on the
> order of $500, rather than $50)

Something happened to the previous....

As mentioned on my Web page:

   https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

you can use a cheap module from eBay, or perhaps an Adafruit one, and
you could need a TTL to RS-232 voltage level converter:

   https://www.adafruit.com/product/746
   https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EJ9NAKA

I found that the PPS signal was OK at TTL level.

The Leo Bodnar unit would be ideal as a central server for a small group
or bigger, and has the advantage of excellent support.  The cost is
appropriate for the quality level of the unit, but it would likely be
overkill for a single PC.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=120&products_id=272

--
Cheers,