[ntp:questions] Question about the paper "Internet Time Synchronization: The Network Time Protocol"

么敬国 yaojingguo at xdf.cn
Sun Jan 20 07:18:23 UTC 2019

I am reading [Internet Time Synchronization: The Network Time
Protocol]. I have several questions. Could anybody help me with them?

The last paragraph in section III.A describes Fig.2:

- Is phase-lock loop a software component?
- I think that VCO means a component commonly found in every computer.
  Is my understanding correct?

And for Fig.6:

- Are all parts in the figure software components except VCO?

"Internet Time Synchronization: The Network Time Protocol" is
published in IEEE Transactions on Communications (Volume: 39 , Issue:
10 , Oct 1991). And it can be downloaded using the following link:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6bee/f89c6d38aaa26f1ddabfb0ad54d621094d6f.pdf

--
Jingguo Yao