[ntp:questions] [META] lists.ntp.org borked DMARC settings

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri May 10 15:37:24 UTC 2019

In article <rqednY0VTaYHT0nBnZ2dnUU78fPNnZ2d at giganews.com>,
Jakob Bohm  <jb-usenet at wisemo.com.invalid> wrote:
>It is (ironically) Mailman mailing lists that required switching from
>p=none to p=quarantine .  Because otherwise they cause the reporting
>data to be flooded with alerts from all the mail servers that receive
>mailman forwarded mails "spoofing" the e-mail domains I manage.

If you are referring to the aggregate and failure reports that DMARC
lets you request, that's how they're supposed to work.  Log them and
move on.  If something is sending you "alarms" when it gets a report
of a DMARC failure, it's broken.

I send mail to zillions of Mailman lists with p=none and get none of
these alerts.  Whatever your problem is, p=none isn't it.  I happen to
have 184,000 DMARC aggregate reports and 77,000 DMARC failure reports
in the file so I am not unfamiliar with how they work.

Please leave the list alone.

R's,
John
--