[ntp:questions] [META] lists.ntp.org borked DMARC settings

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue May 14 15:35:12 UTC 2019

In article <UfqdnQJg-P9K_0fBnZ2dnUU78UnNnZ2d at giganews.com> you write:

>> with the DMARC settings of the mailing lists.  Surely you can figure out
>> from your own mail logs what lists your users send mail to and interpret
>> the reports appropriately.
>>

>What no mail domain administrator can see with any tool is which of the
>myriad of reported "spoofer IP addresses" belong to whichever e-mail
>servers the various mailing lists used by mail domain users.  There's a
>double set of unknowns in solving that problem.

I haven't had much trouble figuring out where the my users' lists are.
You really need to fix your tools.

>Please realize that there are well known instructions for how to set up
>mailman properly in a post-2017 world, and choosing the option to
>violently reject all DMARC-using domains is not (and never was) a proper
>configuration.

There is a well known principle that the people who run and pay for a
free service get to decide how it works.  If you don't like the way
the NTP list works, don't use it.  Their configuration works fine for
me and for the other users.

--
Regards,