[ntp:questions] Approximate total Bandwidth Contained in a single NTP request

MG oilpan at optonline.net
Tue Feb 2 16:12:43 UTC 2021

Hi all,

            I'm trying to determine the amount of data or bandwidth
Contained in a single NTP request, which would include the total I and O
data (total I/O) of the request (within the server) from start to finish.

I'm trying to make my question succinct enough to get the answer I'm
looking for.

1- client makes NTP request to server

2- server receives request for the time.

3- server sends time to client

4- client receives the time from server

Question: how much data did the SERVER in total utilize to fulfill this
request? (just the server)

Thanks to anyone brave enough to try and approximate this
question!.....Mike G.