[ntp:questions] Best method to measure NTP performance/drift. Loopstats or Peerstats

Fabbri, Tommaso CMRE Tommaso.Fabbri at cmre.nato.int
Fri Jan 29 10:33:02 UTC 2021

Dear NTP users,

which is the difference between loopstats and peerstats for evaluating the drift respect a given timing source?

In my configuration, the NTP server is configured with just one additional source (GPS) always available.
Should this stats file report the same data?

How can I increase the frequency of the log lines in the stats? Is there a way to have one line per second or should I "interrogate" the ntp daemon with ntpq, ntpdc commands?

Thank you so much for the support.

Tommaso Fabbri