[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [questions] Re: [ntp:questions] Automatic replies
- To: "Steve 'Hollywood' Sobol - NTF" <sjsobol@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [questions] Re: [ntp:questions] Automatic replies
- From: Opty <opty77@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:38:34 +0200
- Cc: questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=8L4tJelL2G4rxNNh1943h+lm3IvC7XnMaXWwL8Yj8Uo=; b=o8/pWb4iO2COhQMxC/FjW/8085radogL1zaZX9CbO9X+/GIyXZM7V2zqNOBpSJJtsv xRRHOtrGYCP8wDUDSRw1BVIg25ag13Y2rX/sZrL9vn8+RNArOzGs8HmhDFtxH+1RZEe3 5EkFHi0udh1wkA8KP8+WDBW/252JAh0dOCjH2kLHgvWW65bj5CLYMBq8DgrLG/SprZ68 5+DnHFF1q+SZ3vFkrmcSYD0ALXdInsV0mAtV5i6Xdbhpjv7TK9VukEWRDcXsfSAQte1N gPOsewnr4o4AhztkJTLh9DIbKpIxPGAVLON5nFpc3IhoivqWm1W+rchbTZSLandViKLt PU6Q==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: questions.lists.ntp.org
- List-unsubscribe: mailto:email@example.com
- References: <CAERDJOFZqqQmWR7Y-h5mL6oRHN3=+CV2hyzaeNCmjXMah=BbuA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599cdZc6o8a0NvUKhYL+D=v+PRDugR+8aaodaRrZRuge0yg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599fxEJVYTS1jhMbDhTKcWwDVnFh4=srJ+d1XmMv=Afirstname.lastname@example.org> <CAERDJOGYjRi6Au4K29y-xM4kOETRj=ai7jQ3skA8yaD0BGaT1Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599fzY6S4DMkdLv+KF=OaLg9TUgQrdXNtj2_eLT1TB7MSug@mail.gmail.com> <CAERDJOFS2y-xLwTLBOofo58w8hG+LXu19BittMFXtGK01gjjemail@example.com> <CAERDJOGynLDWCmpCubbGzcDXBuWj2AU2XWbyOib7-W42=03muQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAERDJOGnU3qU6mOO+sR_Faw1VbCxBefkpfzOQAhwu4a4XZ8pWg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599c_352canW6X++YgHRW8km-PbJDyimVtoSOKU3MtovbGA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599cWje3sRBCkrwCPU=1W4SAiTO7CJn5UTooKDnHk5ausmQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:14 AM Steve 'Hollywood' Sobol - NTF
> On 4/26/2022 3:41, Marco Marongiu wrote:
> > After receiving a bunch of auto replies, I think I have a hunch on
> > what's happening: the mailing list manager software is being replaced
> > and the subscribers' list was copied over, but the nomail setting for
> > some addresses was disregarded and all those addresses have reverted
> > to normal users again. Hence the problem.
> > It's a shot in the dark, but highly plausible.
> None of the addresses on the "nomail" list should still receive email.
> The software we're using has changed (we now use mlmmj), but that
> particular feature hasn't; before moving the subscriber list to mlmmj, I
> tested it, and I know it works.
> I did just unsubscribe a few email addresses from which I was seeing
> "this message is undeliverable" auto-replies that should have been
> bounces. Those addresses were on the main list, not the nomail list.
So far so good, thanks!
This is questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx