Re: [questions] GPS+PPS vs NTP server, why a huge offset ?

On 20/06/2022 00:32, chris wrote:
Don't really understand what's meant by "input capture timer" ?. Is
that related to some polling method, or what ?...

I believe they mean a hardware clock, that can be read directly by the software, and is also latched into a register when the PPS signal arrives. A variation might be to start a hardware timer when the PPS arrives, again making it directly readable.

Also, whilst NMEA is low priority, I suspect it is not uncommon to have its generation scheduled at the PPS time, making it much closer to the last PPS than the next.
--
This is questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: questions+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx