[ntp:security] memory leak

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Jan 22 08:22:21 UTC 2008

Danny Mayer wrote:
> I am testing a fix for this. While it will increase memory requirements
> slightly, it will be almost unnoticeable. I'm basically saving the
> messages and their codes so once it's been looked up it's there in
> memory and it won't allocate more memory.

Uuh, this is a real ugly hack. However, since this is finally used as a
replacement for strerror() there seems to be no better solution.

The only alternative way would be to use a static string inside the function,
which can be set up accordingly and it's address being returned. But that's
not thread-safe.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki