[ntp:security] issue with pool.ntp.org

Damian H damian at metroflog.com
Tue Jun 17 15:16:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm Damian from metroflog.com, one of the biggest hispanic social networks
(you can check it at
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/metroflog.com). We have
more than 150 servers and we've been making them to perform an "ntpdate
pool.ntp.org" each 5 hours. Now, we've detected that we are getting this
message from some of our servers: "17 Jun 14:59:01 ntpdate[9570]: no server
suitable for synchronization found".

We've reduced the period of synch to 12 hours in lot of our servers and they
are not being blocked but in the blocked ones this is not being solved. Is
there something we can make to unblock all our servers?

Thanks in advance,
Damian